Job Title: Operations Planner
Location: Central Services – Newcastle Upon Tyne
Job Type: Permanent – Part Time
Salary: £21,000 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 25 hours per week
Job Reference: HATTON-039
Hatton Traffic Management is a leading provider of traffic management services across the UK. Established in 1976, Hatton has developed into a major force within the highways and utilities sectors, working closely with our clients as a key part of their integrated supply chain. We currently have nine depot locations in the UK that cover the country from Aberdeen to London with clients spread across multiple sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Planner to join the Central Services Team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Manage multiple tasks, recognising priority & changing priorities.
- Problem solve with a high level of client courtesy and empathy.
- Demonstrate awareness of possible problems and look to prevent or mitigate them.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and improve.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly and with confidence, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alongside others as a team player.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of technology.
About the role:
- Take responsibility for entering all jobs in the planning mailbox as per company guidelines.
- Review and query information from planning forms to ensure all data is complete and clear prior to entry on the Field Service system.
- Develop a good relationship with those sending planning requests and rectify/record all issues that arise.
- Enter all jobs on the Field Service system and maintaining a satisfactory level of quality.
- Ensuring productivity is kept as per company standards.
- Allocate operatives/vehicles to jobs ensuring they are qualified/fit for purpose inline with the Field Service records.
- Maintain the “Client Planner” which reflects all job requests with clear and accurate data.
- Provide confirmation to all job requests in a timely manner.
- Respond in a timely manner with requests to retrieve information from the Field Service system and Client planners.
- Field Service client information is to be kept up to date as well as making new client accounts where required.
- Review the quality of each region and provide regular feedback to each depot with your findings.
- Follow data protection guidelines (GDPR) to ensure client and staff information is kept confidential.
- A mix of Office/Home working may be considered following successful probation period.
- Head office is based in Blagdon, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Working Time – Monday to Friday 9:30-2:30pm.
- Provide cover for team members’ annual leave – advanced notice will be given.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Training and Development.
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time).
Hatton Traffic Management Limited is committed to equal opportunities, recognises diversity, and welcomes applications from all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. Any disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.